Sunday, January 22, 2012

He will listen if he has to.


So Mrs. Jones is a genius. i looooove her.
As I mentioned before I knew she would be an
excellent teacher… She does NOT take crap and holds these kids accountable for their own actions, including unfinished homework and such.
We’ve been reading consistently every night since school
started but one night, we were out late somewhere and came back home got ready
for bed and all of a sudden I hear Pierce freaking out about reading his book.

I thought to myself, what in the world is going on?
I soon found out that it was because if he doesn’t read every night and his reading
log isn’t signed, he has to stay 5 min inside while everyone else goes to recess.
Heaven forbid they miss recess. I guess things like this gets him listening, doesn't it.
I was smiling inside and thinking, wow… This teacher really knows how to get them motivated to read!
I love it
Every single night he reads and he is at a 2nd grade reading level already.
What a good boy…
He’s a smarty pants!

Caught him reading on his own in bed the other night... Sweetness right here!
Photobucket
First day of school pictures... and here we are basically at the end of the year already. My bad.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment